build a hierarchical tree, without using DOM,schema, and sax using expat parser and c

sharan harioumsharan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 04:29:56 EST 2007

I've been experimenting with the jclark's expat parser.  I compiled it
on
linux, and it works just great.  However, finding tags and data by
implementing the callback functions in c language is cumbersome.
Has anybody written code that uses the expat callback's in such a way
as to
build a hierarchical tree, without using DOM,schema, and sax, that can
be traversed.My purpose, just enough to traverse branches and find
leafs of a xml documents without using DOM, schema, and sax, and i
also want help regarding how to convert a xml document to a
hierachical tree which contains tags values. thanks