foldr function in Python

MonkeeSage MonkeeSage at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 21:56:01 EST 2007

On Nov 23, 7:05 pm, greg <g... at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

> My feeling is that Python shouldn't provide a bunch of
> different versions of the same function that differ only in
> the degree of currying. If you want a particular curried
> combination, it's easy enough to create it as needed using
> lambda, nested functions or partial().

I agree about noy having different functions with different levels of
currying.

What's interesting is that no-one has yet implemented a real foldr on
this thread -- all of the examples have been of foldl. The foldr is
right-associative. This doesn't matter for non-associative functions
like "+", but it does for associative functions like "-".

def foldl(f, l, i): # same as reduce()
  if len(l) == 0:
    return i
  else: