Web update library in python?

Jorgen Bodde jorgen.maillist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 06:45:22 EST 2007

I must add, the way I was originally attempting to solve this is
issuing delta files per upgrade cycle so that only changes are placed
in a new ZIP file. The delta zip file will always be a new file on the
site / ftp location. I do understand that if you are re-using the same
archive file all the time, people might download the file at the same
time I am uploading a new version.

So the bottleneck indeed is with the small accompanying file the
updater should download to see if there are changes needed to
download. If that file is updated while it's downloaded, it should
somehow be detected.

thanks for pointing that out..

Regards,
- Jorgen