Python too complex ?!?!?!

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Mon Nov 19 03:44:38 EST 2007

On 17 Nov., 14:46, Brian <not_here at no_where.com> wrote:

> Had a unsettling conversation with a CS instructor that
> teaches at local high schools and the community
> college. This person is a long-term Linux/C/Python
> programmer, but he claims that the install, config, and
> library models for C# have proved to be less
> problematic than Python. So both his courses (intro,
> data structs, algorithms) are taught in C#.

I don't understand this complaint. How does your instructor installs
libraries for C#? When he uses Linux for teaching purposes I assume
his students have little problems typing some shell commands and when
he uses Windows his students might feel comfortable double clicking on
a Windows installer - most likely containing prepackaged binaries.
What have I missed?

Kay