Oh no, my code is being published ... help!

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Fri Nov 30 08:58:02 EST 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:36:17 +0100, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> "Eduardo O. Padoan" <eduardo.padoan at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> No, writing this way will confound the 2to3 tool.
>
> Why?  print("foo") is a perfectly valid Python 2 statement.  Maybe
> it's simply a matter of fixing the tool.

As this would encourage that stupid style I'd say -1 for that.

Written that way it looks like a function which it isn't.  The current
Python version is still 2.5, there's a 2.6 ahead and the promise that the
2.x and 3.x branches will co-exist for some time.

If the function looking style would be adopted for 2.x, do *you* want to
explain confused newbies why they can write::

  print('hello!')

but this acts "strange":

  print('hello, my name is ', name)

Ciao,