How to display unicode with the CGI module?

coldpizza vriolk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:02:26 EST 2007

> Unicode != UTF-8.
>`encode()` method is your friend.

Thanks a lot for help!

I am always confused as to which one to use: encode() or decode(); I
have initially tried decode() and it did not work.

It is funny that encode() and decode() omit the name of the other
encoding (Unicode ucs2?), which makes it far less readable than a
s.recode('ucs2','utf8').

Another wierd thing is that by default Python converts internal
Unicode to ascii. Will it be the same in Py3k? string*.