SOAPpy port reuse

Maurice LING mauriceling at acm.org
Sat Nov 17 21:32:01 EST 2007

Hi,

I have a problem:

1. Assuming that my application is a SOAP server that uses SOAPpy,
2. I am given port 35021 for use.

What I normally do (simply) is:

functionlist = [<some exposed functions>]
import SOAPpy
server = SOAPpy.SOAPServer((<some host>, 35021))
for func in functionlist: server.registerFunction(func)
server.serve_forever()

My question is: How can I shutdown this server and reuse port 35021 when
my functionlist changes?

Currently, after killing the python process which runs this SOAP server,
the port (35021 in this case) cannot be re-used, as though it is still
phantom-ly bounded to some process (which should have been killed).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
maurice