reading raw variables from file

Astan Chee stanc at al.com.au
Thu Nov 29 23:57:35 EST 2007

Hi,
I have a file that might contain literal python variable statements at
every line. For example the file info.dat looks like this:
users = ["Bob", "Jane"]
status = {1:"ok",2:users[0]}
the problem is I want to read this file and load whatever variables
written in it as normal python variable statements so that when i read
the file, my users var will be ["Bob","Jane"] and my status var will be
{1:"ok",2:users[0]} . Is there an easy way of doing this instead of
parsing the files and checking said types?
Thanks
Cheers
Astan