python - an eggs...

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Nov 12 13:25:54 EST 2007

bruce wrote:

> diez...
>
> i was being polite in thanking you for your input/thoughts... i actually
> had read what you'd posted, as i stated.

Really? Did you? Here your third question:

-3rd question.. in searching the 'net, it appears that i have to download
setuptools in order to get easy_install. Am I missing something here, or is
this correct?

And here something I posted yesterday:

"""
setuptools is a package that installs & creates eggs. You find it
documented here:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools

It comes with a few commandline-scripts after installation, such as

easy_install
"""

So, can you explain me how "actually had read what you'd posted" goes
together with the above question that you asked after my post?

And just putting "easy_install setuptools" into the google search bar on my
browser yields this

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall

as fourth or so link. Besides the fact that the link I gave you to the
setuptools features above link in the third paragraph.

So I think calling you ignorant for not reading what I posted and not
reading what pointers I gave you is well justified. If that makes _me_ a
jerk - I'm ok with that then.

Diez