Mac os x 10.4.11: Error installing Python 2.5.1

David dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Sat Nov 17 23:58:53 EST 2007

On Nov 17, 8:36 pm, James Stroud <jstr... at mbi.ucla.edu> wrote:
> David wrote:
> >> Usually this happens when you are not an administrator. If you aren't
> >> log out and log in again as one. If that doesn't do it, what does your
> >> /Applications/Utilities/Console say?
> > Rebooted. I am admin. Tried installing again. Same result. console.log
> > has this:
>
> > Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Build 8S165)
> > 2007-11-17 19:59:32 -0800
> > 2007-11-17 19:59:40.718 SystemUIServer[334] lang is:en
> > Nov 17 19:59:45 darnold diskarbitrationd[44]: SystemUIServer [334]:
> > 27139 not responding.
>
> My best guess is that you have a problem with your account. Try creating
> a new administrative user and log in as that user, then try the install.
>   Also, some external storage devices can cause this problem. If you
> have this problem after you create the new user and log in as that user,
> then log out and remove all external storage devices and log in again as
> the new user. It will not be sufficient simply to authenticate as said
> user from your preexisting account.
>
> James
>
> --
> James Stroud
> UCLA-DOE Institute for Genomics and Proteomics
> Box 951570
> Los Angeles, CA  90095
>
> http://www.jamesstroud.com

Logged out. Made a new administrator user. Logged in as that user. No
external devices attached to my machine.

Same error.

The installation finishes with "There were errors installing the
software. Please try installing
again."

I should say that Python appears to be working:

darnold $ python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54869, Apr 18 2007, 22:08:04)

But the installation finishes with that error message.

David.