the annoying, verbose self

braver deliverable at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 19:41:56 EST 2007

On Nov 23, 1:15 am, Paul Boddie <p... at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
One wonders whether the people complaining so vehemently
> about self have ever encountered coding style guides.

Dude, I'm also programming in Ada, 83 to 95 to 2005.  Beautiful
language, a living style guide.  I love typing names dozens of
charactares long -- in Ada.  Ada has scope control, separate
compilation, renames, overloading, types, etc...  However, in
scripting languages, it's not cool, and I'd just love to see self hide
for a bit of a change -- it's a nuisance after Ruby, 's all.  Nothing
eternal or worth assembling a NASA panel or Python foundation meeting,
just a li'l respite to make a tiny script more lucid, OK?

Peace,
Alexy