looking for ocbc example

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Nov 28 03:43:40 EST 2007

Carl K wrote:
> jay graves wrote:
>>> In short, pyodbc is open source; mxOdbc requires a commercial license.
>>> pyodbc is a newcomer, but appears to work for everything I've thrown
>>> at it (which is not much). mxOdbc has been around longer, and is sure
>>> to be a more mature product. It may offer more features & functionality.
>> There is also a brand new module 'ceODBC'.
>> http://ceodbc.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> I haven't used it yet but I want to give it a try.
>
> I tried it, and it worked better than pyodbc.  (better is not exactly right.
> there was some weird bug in the ctree odbc driver, and the author of ceODBC gave
> me a workaround.)

All right, I'm a little perplexed as to whether "better" here
refers to the admirable response of the ceOBDC author or to
some other factors which demonstrate ceODBC's superiority.

I've not really got the opportunity to pit them against each
other so to speak, but I'd love to hear from someone who had.

TJ