attaching someconfusing results in webbrowser.open on gnulinux

krishnakant Mane researchbase at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 05:27:49 EDT 2007

hello all,
I had mentioned previously that I can't open html files in python.
I have my username as krishna and there is a documents folder.
so when I give webbrowser.open("file:///home/krishna/documents/tut.html")
on python prompt I get true as return value but web browser (firefox )
opens with page not found.
and the address bar shows the following address which indeed is wrong.
file:///home/krishna/"file:///home/krishna/documents/tut.html"
I can't understand what is happening.
regards,
Krishnakant.