new is missing in module hmac SHA-based encryption function in Python

Hailong Wang hailong.wang at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:40:59 EST 2007

Matt,

Thanks for response, I changed my script to hw_hmac.py, but still does not
work.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Python25/hw_script/my_hmac.py", line 1, in <module>
    import hmac
  File "C:\Python25\hw_script\hmac.py", line 4, in <module>
    myhmac = hmac.new("test")
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'new'

--
Best regards,

Harold(Hailong) Wang