Python too complex ?!?!?!

Sun Nov 18 21:15:04 EST 2007

Brian wrote:
> Had a unsettling conversation with a CS instructor that
> teaches at local high schools and the community
> college. This person is a long-term Linux/C/Python
> programmer, but he claims that the install, config, and
> library models for C# have proved to be less
> problematic than Python. So both his courses (intro,
> data structs, algorithms) are taught in C#.
>
> I am a low-end (3-year) journeyman Pythonista, and I
> was attracted to the language because of its
> simplicity. And I have come to enjoy the richness of
> available libraries.
>
> Many of the good people of this NG may be 'too close'
> to answer, but has Python, as a general devel platform,
> lost its simplicity ? Is library install too complex
> and unreliable ? Will my dog go to heaven ?

I'm a complete noob about most of this, but it sounds like his problem
may have more to do with what needs to be done on a Linux machine, than
anything specifically pertaining to Python. How can you call installing
Python (or any third-party modules) on Windows 'hard'?

Maybe his students just have a harder type figuring out how to install
things in Linux? I don't know...