Distributed RVS, Darcs, tech love

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Nov 14 17:14:37 EST 2007

Marc Espie schrieb:
> Apart from the fact that Knuth wrote a book series that is still THE
> definitive series on computer algorithms

I don't wish to diminish Knuth's work, but it's definitely not timeless.

For an alternative, see Sedgewick's "Algorithms in C/Pascal/whatever".
Not as rigorous about proving the properties of algorithms, but the
selection of algorithms is more modern, and the presentation is
palatable (instead of the assembly/flowchart mix that Knuth is so fond of).
There are other algorithm collections.
The largest one is the Internet itself. A search engine or Wikipedia
would be my first stop when looking for an algorithm.

(Agreeing with the rest.)

Regards,
Jo