webbrowser

Antonio Ceballos aceballos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:05:37 EST 2007

Hello,

I am trying to open a URL on a new browser or new tab from an HTML page
created from a python cgi script. On Apache in my localhost, it works, both
with Internet Explorer and Firefox. However, when I upload the script to a
remote server, it does not. A 500 Internal Server Error is displayed on the
browser.

The (simplified) piece of code is as follows:

import webbrowser
webbrowser.open_new(http://www.google.com)

The server runs python 2.3. I am using python 2.5 in my localhost.

Can anybody figure out why this may be happening?

Cheers,
Antonio