regex problem with re and fnmatch

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Tue Nov 20 16:05:58 EST 2007

Hi,

I would like to use re to search for lines in a files with
the word "README_x.org", where x is any number.
E.g. the structure would look like this:
[[file:~/pfm_v99/README_1.org]]

I tried to use these kind of matchings:
#        org_files='.*README\_1.org]]'
        org_files='.*README\_*.org]]'
        if re.match(org_files,line):

Unfortunately, it matches all entries with "README.org", but
not the wanted number!?

After some splitting and replacing I am able to check, if
the above file exists. If it does not, I start to search for
it using the 'walk' procedure:

                for root, dirs, files in
os.walk("/home/fab/org"):
                    for name in dirs:
                        dirs=os.path.join(root, name) + '/'
                    for name in files:
                         files=os.path.join(root, name)
                    if fnmatch.fnmatch(str(files), "README*"):
                        print "File Found"
                        print str(files)
                        break

As soon as it finds the file, it should stop the searching
process; but there is the same matching problem like above.
Does anyone have any suggestions about the regex problem?
Greetings!
Fabian