easy 3D graphics for rendering geometry?

Sun Nov 11 13:31:57 EST 2007

Scott David Daniels wrote:
> gsal wrote:
>> On Nov 10, 11:13 am, Scott David Daniels <Scott.Dani... at Acm.Org>
>> wrote:
>>> Well, what kind of computer, what version of everything (OS, Python,
>>> VPython), what display card, ....
>>
>> Windows XP Professional
>> Version 2002, Service Pack 2
>> 1.4GHz, 512MB
>>
>> ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000
>>
>> Python 2.5, VPython 2.5
>>
>> gsal
>>

> Well, I'm running Python-2.5.1 and VPython 3.2.11 successfully on
> an NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS on XP.  I generally don't see the problems
> you are seeing.  I know they are still struggling a bit with the
> Windows code (due in part to Arthur Siegel's untimely demise) and
> OpenGL on 2.5.  Do simple things always break, or do you kind of
> know what you do that breaks it?
> BTW, there is a newsgroup/mailing list that you should know about
> that I read on gmane:  gmane.comp.python.visualpython.user
>
> Are you including calls to sleep and/or rate in your loops?
>
> -Scott
Also, you can try VPython's newest beta for the _new_ style:
     2007-11-10 4.beta20
Available on
     http://sourceforge.net/projects/visualpython/
That has more, rather than less, performance issues for me,
but you might find it works more nicely with your video setup.

-Scott