Using Python To Change The World :)

Sells, Fred fred.sells at adventistcare.org
Wed Nov 14 08:38:05 EST 2007

It sounds as if this project is a major task based on your current level of experience.  That being said, all we "pythonistas" encourage and support anyone who is trying to learn/apply python.

Break the problem into 2 parts:
--simulation math of what you're trying to do
--cool visual display (2D is sufficient) to make it interesting and so others can grasp what you did

Then the math drives the display, but you can build and test the math using text output.

pygame and pysim are good candidates.  There is also www.vpython.org.  Make sure you find some tutorial on object oriented programming "OOP" because that's the way to build this critter.

I'm assuming you have a fairly powerful PC,  if so you need a decent development environment.  google for python IDE or check at python.org.  I use Eclipse + PyDev (both free) although there is a wide difference of opinion on IDE's.

Remember to eat the elephant one byte at a time. i.e. small steps.