any Templating system help

Ravi Kumar ra21vi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:25:09 EST 2007

I havent looked much into string.template . I think i will have to now.
I went trying MAKO, Cheetah, Genshi and some others too. But in less time, I
got confused. I didn;t need a total language. Rather I just want to write my
xHTML/CSS/JS in a page with embedded placeholders like ${variableName}
or ${ModuleName.functiontoBeCaller(args, ...)}

etc. And that should return the lists of all placements, so i can call them
conditionally.
If they have such feature to call the req function by themself, it would be
good.

So please suggest me some better thing.

On Nov 29, 2007 7:56 PM, Yoram Hekma <yoram.hekma at aoes.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 06:48:10PM +0530, Ravi Kumar wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am stuck  a little. I am working on a demo site to propose for the my
> > company. Using mod_python and several python technologies. But the
> website
> > is simply using publisher handler, i dont want to use any framework such
> as
> > DJango etc.
> >
> > so the main idea is, i made many python files which has several defs
> inside,
> > such as index, getList, submitForm etc
> > now everything is working nice, means calling them in url. I need a
> > templating system now. But not slow and complex. The only things in
> > templating system i need is:
> >
> > fetching all the names of variables/placeholder in template. (i can then
> > call the suitable defs from files and apply the wrapper on it and return
> > main caller)
> > setting the values
> >
> > Please suggest some ideas.
> >

> > --
> > -=Ravi=-
>
> > --
>
> Well, I personally like Genshi (http://genshi.edgewall.org/), but
> offcourse there are others (myghty, cheetah) and I know you can use the
> Django templating system apart from the framework (never did this
> though.
>
> But personally, when I only need a templating system and nothing more
> (for some html-reports for instance) I tend to use genshi.
>
> Yoram

> --

-=Ravi=-