Python good for data mining?

Aaron Watters aaron.watters at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 10:01:12 EST 2007

On Nov 3, 9:02 pm, Jens <j3n... at gmail.com> wrote:
> How good is the integration with MySQL in Python?

I think it's very good.  However, I'm not sure
how good SQL really is for data mining, depending
on what you mean by that.

Please have a look at nucular for this kind of thing
-- I've advertised it as a "full text search engine" but
the intended use is close to some varieties of
data mining.

http://nucular.sourceforge.net/

The mondial demo is the closest thing to data mining
currently live:

http://www.xfeedme.com/nucular/mondial.py/go?FREETEXT=hol

If you find that you need some functionality that is
missing, it may be easy to add.  Let me know.
For example the underlying indexing methodology can
be manipulated in many clever ways to get different
performance characteristics.

  -- Aaron Watters

===
When at first you don't succeed