win32serviceutil won't start

Nikola Skoric nick-news at net4u.hr
Wed Nov 28 14:59:12 EST 2007

Dana Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:50:23 -0800 (PST),
kyosohma at gmail.com <kyosohma at gmail.com> kaze:
> Sorry I didn't reply sooner. If you're creating a service based on a
> Python file, check out the following links in addition to the book
> Wolfgang mentioned:
>
> http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/09/running-python-script-as-windows.html
> http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread595660.html
> http://essiene.blogspot.com/2005/04/python-windows-services.html
>
> That should get you started. Hope it helps!

Huh. Thank you guys a lot. I took a glance (albeit a rather long one)
and decided that my users will have to install cygwin if they want to
use my script. Service handling is just a bit to complicated (after
creating UNIX daemon with 2 consecutive forks), and I'm not going to
be paid for this :-D

--
"Now the storm has passed over me
I'm left to drift on a dead calm sea