python - an eggs...

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 11 11:50:19 EST 2007

Hi Diez...

In my case, I do a "python setup.py install" and i get a Durus...egg
installed in the /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ dir... As I understand
it, this egg/file contains compressed pythonic files.

When I run the app which uses the durus stuff... the app crashes, and
displays the durus python script with a path. However, when I simply
cut/copy the path, and attempt to view that file, the path doesn't exist on
the drive. I'm assuming that there is some sort of relative offset action
going on, but that the file actually doesn't exist, except within the egg
itself.

I've also tried to simply modify the original source file, without
rebuilding the egg, which obviously doesn't affect the egg file.

So, for now, the only way I can see to modify the src, is to go back to the
src files, modify, and rebuild the durus app.

I don't see any "setuptools" neither setuptools, nor "man setuptools"
returns anything on my system.

when i run "python setup.py develop" and I then run my app, it crashes,
complaining of a persisten object not being found.... So I don't think
that's the immediate solution.

Thanks