Looking for a good Python environment

PyScripter pyscripter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 14:15:55 EST 2007

On Nov 7, 6:50 pm, Paul Rubin <http://phr...@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
> "Colin J. Williams" <c... at sympatico.ca> writes:
>
> > Could you elaborate on "lightweight" please? I findPyScripterto be a
> > powerful editor/debugger combination.
>
> > What functionality does Eclipse have thatPyScripterdoes not?
>
> While we're at it, do any of these debuggers implement a good way to
> debug multi-threaded Python programs?

PyScripter (http://pyscripter.googlepages.com) debugging is based on
the standard Python debugger bdb.py which does not currently support
multi-threaded debugging (only the main thread can be debugged).  One
debugger with such support is Winpdb.  PyScripter may integrate Winpdb
in the future.  However PyScripter does support debugging of GUI (e.g.
Tkinter, WxPython) applications with remote debugging.