the annoying, verbose self

MonkeeSage MonkeeSage at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 08:22:56 EST 2007

I like the explicit "self", personally. It helps distinguish class
methods from functions. When I see a "self" I think "A-ha, a class
method". Of course, I could tell that from just the indentation and
following that back to the class declaration, but as a quick reference
I find it helpful. Besides, none of the proposals have sufficinetly
dealt with lexical scope without introducing a lot of costly checks
which would also hide the complexity of the process (and thereby, most
likely, lead to abuse and bad practices).

Regards,
Jordan