(MAC) CoreGraphics module???

David C. Ullrich ullrich at math.okstate.edu
Sun Nov 4 08:27:10 EST 2007

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:09:25 -0500, Robert Kern
<robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

>David C. Ullrich wrote:
>> [???]
>
>Okay, which version of OS X do you have? In 10.3 and 10.4 it used to be here:
>/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/plat-mac/CoreGraphics.py
>
>I notice that in 10.5, it no longer exists, though.

Um, surely that doesn't mean that there's no CoreGraphics
available in 10.5?

>>[...]
>
>For scripts executed from the terminal, you could start them with a hash-bang line:
>
>  #!/usr/bin/python
>
>Use "chmod u+x" on the script, and then you can execute it like any other
>program from the terminal.

Sure enough: As I suspected yesterday morning, the reason that didn't
work the first time I tried it is that I'd already "corrected" the
import statement to Carbon.CoreGraphics. When I put it back the way
it's supposed to be everything's great.

Such a happy camper - I now have a pdf consisting of a blank white
page with one red circle in the middle! Something I've always
wanted - thanks.