Web update library in python?

davisn90210 at gmail.com davisn90210 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 13:04:22 EST 2007

On Nov 20, 8:48 am, "Jorgen Bodde" <jorgen.maill... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Like I said, I do not want to limit my end users into installing
> something in Apache or some other solution in order to get my tool
> working. On the end user side (which also are the people who are
> creating the repositories for others) there must be no burden
> whatsoever. Your thoughts are interesting though, I will have to look
> into that.

Bazaar does not require Apache or anything particular server-side.  In
other words, you can distribute repositories from any plain-old web-
server.  It is also written in python, so there is no reason you
couldn't bundle it with your client-side app (with hacks, if
necessary).  And it has pretty good support for merging, etc.  It even
has a GUI.  See http://bazaar-vcs.org/ for more details.

--Nathan Davis