Populating a dictionary, fast [SOLVED SOLVED]

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Nov 15 18:23:39 EST 2007

"Steven D'Aprano" <steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> wrote in message
news:13jpgtq22a9lhc5 at corp.supernews.com...
| (7) It occurs in Python 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5, but not 2.5.1.
|
| Do we treat this as a solved problem and move on?

If the problem was fixed accidentally as an undocumented by product of a
patch aimed at something else, it might get similarly unfixed without
triggering a test failure.  So if someone pins down the problem source well
enough to warn future maintainers in a comment or commit note, all the
better.  Otherwise, wait until a reversion happens, if ever.