Python on Leopard issues

Chris listservs at mac.com
Thu Nov 8 16:13:02 EST 2007

Are others having fundamental issues on OSX 10.5 with python 2.5.1? I was
excited that Python 2.5 was included, but this excitement was very short
lived. Almost nothing works. Upon startup I get this message:

and sure enough, all of the built-in packages are non-existent. I'm not sure
why Apple bothered including an improperly-configured version. Does
 anyone have an easy fix for this, or should I go to ActiveState and install a
version that works?

Thanks.