python question!!

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 22 20:23:29 EST 2007

hi...

new to python, and can't seem to find an answer to this via google.. of
course i'm not even sure what to callit.. so i might be searching in the
wrong places...

a python script foo.py, can have an import..

foo.py
  import dog
  import cat

where dog, and cat, might have other "import" statements, and so on..

is there a function/feature/etc.. that i can run on "foo.py" that would walk
through the entire list of files that make up foo.py, so i could see the
list of *.py files that are required to run "foo.py".

this kind of list could then be used to compare my local version of files,
with the files that my group are changing, so i can tell which (if any)
files have been changed for the foo.py app...

thanks