Python web frameworks

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Nov 20 09:42:27 EST 2007

> 12/7. Django comes with its own little server so that you don't have
> to set up Apache on your desktop to play with it.

I was rather shocked to learn that django only has this tiny server and does
not come with a stand-alone server and is supposed to run as
mod_python/cgi-driven app through apache.

Which reaps you of all the benefits of standalone servers like connection
pooling & caching data and so forth. Including sessions - I presume they
always go into the db/filesystem as PHP does.

Diez