Custom Tkinter scrollbar

Hunter.lennon at gmail.com Hunter.lennon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:22:04 EST 2007

I want to create a custom scrollbar using particular images, which
will then be placed on a canvas to control another window on the
canvas.   Right now I am inheriting from scrollbar, but I do the
movement with custom functions.  When I create it and put in into the
canvas with "canvas.create_window" a standard scrollbar shows in the
correct spot and my custom one is outside of the canvas.

All I have right now is something that moves like a scrollbar but has
no effect on other objects.

Can anyone give me some advice or point me to a guide for this?  Is it
even possible?  Can I create a widget that mimics a scrollbar, or
would that be more difficult?  I have been unable to find anything
online and would appreciate any help.