why there is no pythonscript insine web browsers?

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 17:19:48 EST 2007

On Nov 12, 12:07 pm, Timuçin K z lay <t... at savaskarsitlari.org> wrote:
> I'm an old programmer coming from a cobol background and started to
> learn python. I'm using javasript for web based applications but after I
> started to learn python, the javascript language started to seem ugly to
> me. Now I'm wondering why there is java support on web browsers but no
> python support? there is even a vbscript support inside MS-IE but there
> is no python support. it would be really nice and easy for me to use
> python instead of javascript to write those ajax scripts.
>
> Please tell me, is there a python substitude for JRE ?

You can also use Python's cgi module. It's pretty cool, from what I've
read:

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-cgi.html
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lab2q/
http://www.python.org/doc/essays/ppt/sd99east/index.htm

Of course, there's also the many Python web frameworks to choose from
too.

There are more ways to implement Python in the browser than just
trying to replace javascript with Python. Admittedly, they may be too
big a hammer for your needs.

Mike