Returning actual argument expression to a function call?

Paddy paddy3118 at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 10 13:05:05 EST 2007

On Nov 10, 3:44 pm, Piet van Oostrum <p... at cs.uu.nl> wrote:
> With Python this can't be done without either quoting the expression (make
> a string out of it) or using a lambda. Lisp and C# can do this kind of thing.

<WarpedHumour>
I'd like to propose we add '(<expr>) to Python. Pronounced tick-
brackets, it
surrounds an expression which is compiled into an anonymous function.

I have not thought this through apart from knowing that this is one
more
step towards Lisp heaven and submit no code as the implementation
will be trivial ;-)

Of course if my suggestion is not welcomed with open arms then this
is
Pythons last chance to escape terminal decline....
<WeftedHumour>