Linking debug C++ DLL with python dlls

brzrkr0 at gmail.com brzrkr0 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 11:26:00 EST 2007

On Nov 8, 4:07 am, mosheha... at gmail.com wrote:
> I tried to change the code above (just for fun) so in both cases i'll
> use python25.lib and in debug compilation I got linker errors on
> unresolved externals. seems like the debug version exports more
> methods than the release version.

I usually just build my extensions in release mode and avoid using the
debugger.  Getting a copy of python24_d.lib (in my case) and building
a debug version of my extension isn't a big deal, but afaik all my
other extensions (wxPython, numpy, etc) have to be built in debug mode
as well in order for things to work.

If you find a good solution, please post it to the group because I'd
like to know how to do this as well.

-Casey