py2exe (or other exe builder) on Vista system for Vista/XP install targets.

GaryLee garywlee at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 02:15:05 EDT 2007

On 10 31 ,   8 08 , Michael <michael.langf... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build a exe on a vista system using py2exe. It will
> deploy to vista and XP systems. If it matters, the application uses
> pyserial, as well. I have VS Studio 2005 installed on this laptop as
> well. I've found this so far that seems to be identical to what I'm
> seeing (for non-python programs):http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread611031.html
>
> When I attempt to run, I get "The procedure entry point
> _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link
> library mscvrt.dll."  Apparently vista has one more
> _except_handler#_common function than XP does.

I use pyinstaller to create the single execution file. However, if you
have some DLLs which built from VC2005. You may need to include the
VC2005 redistribution files in your execution file. Here are the files
which I get from VC2005's  redistributed package and include in my
execution file.

Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest
msvcm80.dll
msvcp80.dll