how to figure out if python was used as a cgi script

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Thu Nov 15 08:42:52 EST 2007

ce wrote:

> is there a way to figure out which scripting language was used in
> a cgi. I used to watch extensions (i.e. py, pl, asp or php)

I'd say that ASP and PHP are rather rarely used for CGI scripts.
Also, extensions are essentially meaningless.

> nowadays i hardly see any extensions and really it is hard to find
> out anything from the generated HTML or even the HTML being sent
> out through the FORM tag .. is there another way to find out which
> scripting language was used in website!!!

Since this is a Python NG I suspect you have something you'd like to
achieve using Python regarding this topic. What is it?

> Sorry I couldn't resist

?

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #413:

Cow-tippers tipped a cow onto the server.