How do I get the PC's Processor speed?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Nov 6 16:02:06 EST 2007

> On the problem PCs, both of these methods give me the same information
> (i.e. only the processor name). However, if I go to "System
> Properties" and look at the "General" tab, it lists the CPU name and
> processor speed. Does anyone else know of another way to get at this
> information?

I'm not sure whether it is *this* information, but you can use
NtQuerySystemInformation, with a class parameter of
SystemProcessorPowerInformation, and passing
SYSTEM_PROCESSOR_POWER_INFORMATION as the buffer. That gives,
among others, a value CurrentFrequency (along with LastBusyFrequency,
LastC3Frequency, and ThermalLimitFrequency).

This usage of NtQuerySystemInformation is undocumented.

Regards,
Martn