python - an eggs...

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Nov 12 14:41:34 EST 2007

bruce schrieb:
> hey dietz...
>
> if you give me your email i'll correspond with you directly..
> but yeah, you are a jerk. in that you make assumptions that may/may not be
> correct, but you appear to have a holier than thou mentality...
>
> i did download the setuptools tar file.... i read through the txt files that
> came with it... i couldn't fing anything that stated exactly how to get the
> easy_install app...

You mean you read the link I gave you and didn't find this:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#installing-setuptools

Conveniently linked as second point in the table of contents?

> i'm fully aware of what the site states, as i read it. you ignorant slut
> assume that i didn't.

Well, it appears that we have different definitions of reading.

> in my mind, the docs on the installation could use a little more
> clarification, especially for those who aren't quite sure of how python
> might work, and so don't want to risk screwing up a system.

You think that

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#installation-instructions

"""
Download ez_setup.py, and run it; this will download and install the
appropriate setuptools egg for your Python version. (You will need at
least Python 2.3.5, or if you are on a 64-bit platform, Python 2.4.) An
easy_install script will be installed in the normal location for Python
scripts on your platform. (Windows users, don't put ez_setup.py inside
your Python installation; please put it in some other directory before
running it.)

"""

isn't clear? And the following paragraphs that detail some specific
problems that _might_ occur, but most probably won't as you didn't have
a setuptools installed already?

> but, as far as the setuptools site goes, can you point to the section that
> states, to install (setuptools/easy_install), you do x:
>  -download this file
>  -run this command...

I just did.

>  i found the files to download... i couldn't find the command to run, (at
> least is wasn't apparent to me.)

I'm not sure how much more apparent things can be that are titled

Installing "setuptools"
Installing "Easy Install"

Bruce, you can give me whatever names you like - slut, jerk, dietz - but
the fact remains that you did NOT carefully read my posts nor the links
I pointed you to. Which I showed in the last post already, that you
conveniently ignored to comment on.

For me, it's EOD here.

Diez