PyQt, Cannot send events to objects owned by a different thread?

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Sun Nov 25 10:04:27 EST 2007

Alexander Tuchacek wrote:
> i try to adress an qt object
>
> self.statusbar.showMessage("rtt %s...." % (n.rtt))
>
> in an callback function, comming from a shared lib importet by
> ctypes, on osx this works wonderfull
>
> when i run the same code on linux (ubuntu gutsy), i get this core
> dump, ok, i understand that the problem is, that i cant speak to
> the qt thread, but why does it work on osx?

Luck. If something works reproducibly in some conditions, that
neither means it will work elsewhere nor that it is wise to do so
at all.

(I will spare the group far-fetched road traffic similes for
now ;) )

> shall i recompile python? pyqt or sip? without threads?
>
> could somebody give me a hint what to do best?

Just use Qt as recommended in its docs; that's how you do the best
you can against future portability or other issues.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #99: