Python's doc problems

Xah Lee xah at xahlee.org
Fri Nov 30 18:14:46 EST 2007

Every few months, i receive a hearty letter about how well people
agree with my criticism of Python's docs.
(see
http://xahlee.org/perl-python/python_doc_index.html
)

Here's one received this week:
----------------------------------
Hello,
  I landed on your website's comments about the Python documentation.
I could not agree more. I could scream about it!

The documentation's discussion of character encodings is a disgrace.
It's so bad I would not be able to improve it much, because I dont
understand it. The end result being that I never understood the topic
correctly.

I was a technical writer and would not have been able to get away with
that level of quality.

yours truly
<<signed ...>>

  Xah