win32serviceutil won't start

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:50:23 EST 2007

On Nov 25, 5:11 pm, Nikola Skoric <nick-n... at net4u.hr> wrote:
> Dana Sun, 25 Nov 2007 13:52:35 -0800 (PST),
> kyoso... at gmail.com <kyoso... at gmail.com> kaze:
>
> > Looks like Microsoft thinks you mis-spelled it.
>
> >http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/w...
>
> > I would check and see if that service is installed on your PC. You can
> > go to Start --> Run and type services.msc
>
> > Scroll through there and see if your service is listed. You might
> > check to see if you can enable/disable it via that console as well.
>
> Seems like I misunderstood Windows services (I'm porting UNIX daemon
> to Windows so I'm thinking in UNIX terms). I didn't know I have to
> _install_ a service before I _start_ it. How do I install a service?
>
> --
> "Now the storm has passed over me
> I'm left to drift on a dead calm sea
> And watch her forever through the cracks in the beams
> Nailed across the doorways of the bedrooms of my dreams"

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. If you're creating a service based on a
Python file, check out the following links in addition to the book
Wolfgang mentioned:

http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/09/running-python-script-as-windows.html
http://essiene.blogspot.com/2005/04/python-windows-services.html

That should get you started. Hope it helps!

Mike