Gnu/Linux dialogue boxes in python

Donn Ingle donn.ingle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:55:16 EST 2007

Hi,
 Okay, so I am in the mood to try this: Inform the user about what modules
the app requires in a graphical dialogue that can vary depending on what
the system already has installed. (It will fail-to output on cli)

I am running Kubuntu and I seem to have 'kdialog' installed by default (not
sure if it came as stock.)

What other 'stock' systems are there out there in the wild? Ubuntu? Suse?
Fedora? Others?

I would take a stab at wrapping them in python so that I can use the first
dialogue system found to popup messages for the user.

(Hoping, natch, that this has already been done ... ? )

\d