Books on Python

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:26:56 EST 2007

On Nov 27, 9:05 pm, "barcaroller" <barcarol... at music.net> wrote:
> Can someone kindly recommend some good books on the following:
>
>     Python for beginners
>     Python for advanced users
>
> Is there a bible like Larry Wall's Programming Perl or Bjarne Stroustrup's
> The C++ Programming Language?

For good techniques and advanced knowledge, it's hard to beat Lutz's
tome: "Programming Python 3rd Ed." or Chun's "Core Python
Programming". Both are huge. Lutz's is a little bit more approachable
and had more extensive code examples, but I learned a lot about
Python's insides from Chun.

The cookbooks are handy too, but if you troll ActiveState already, you
may not need those.

Mike