Pulling data from a .asps site

hall.jeff at gmail.com hall.jeff at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:37:19 EST 2007

There's a government website which shows public data for banks. We'd
like to pull the data down programmatically but the data is "hidden"
behind .aspx...

Is there anyway in Python to hook in directly to a browser (firefox or
IE) to do the following...

1) Fill the search criteria
2) Press the "Search" button
3) Press another button (the CSV button) on the resulting page
4) Then grab the data out of the notepad file that pops up

If this is a wild good chase, let me know... (or if there's a better
way besides Python... I may have to explore writing a firefox plug-in
or something)...