How can I create customized classes that have similar properties as 'str'?

Sat Nov 24 17:17:56 EST 2007

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 04:54:43 -0800, samwyse wrote:

> create a hash that maps your keys to themselves, then use the values of
> that hash as your keys.

> 	global store
> 	if str not in store:
> 		store[str] = str
> 	return store[str]

Oh lordy, that's really made my day! That's the funniest piece of code
I've seen for a long time! Worthy of being submitted to the DailyWTF.

Samwyse, while I applaud your willingness to help, I think you actually
need to get some programming skills before doing so. Here's a hint to get
you started: can you think of a way to optimize that function so it does
less work?

--
Steven.