google earth / pythoncom

Tom Brown brown at esteem.com
Thu Nov 15 14:39:35 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 18:09 +0000, John Walsh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to write a python script to control Google Earth,
> and I've read that Google Earth provides a COM api, and that
> Python has a COM module 'pythoncom'.

I think what you are looking for you can download from here:

The main page is here:

http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html

> The Python script I want to run to control Google Earth will be
> on the PC (WinXP) - so maybe I should install the 'normal/full'
> Python on the PC too - if that can be done ? Have 2 Pythons installed
> on one PC ?

You can have two python installations on one pc. You have to use the
full path to the interpreter to get the one you want. Or, the first one
it finds in your path will be used.

HTH,
Tom