How to Teach Python "Variables"

MonkeeSage MonkeeSage at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:31:05 EST 2007

On Nov 27, 2:49 pm, Aaron Watters <aaron.watt... at gmail.com> wrote:

> In practice there is too much to understand all at
> once and in the beginning you have to say "don't worry about that
> right now, consider it magic..."  Of course they should
> eventually understand it.

Of course. But then it really depends on the teaching methodology,
doesn't it? There is no reason (well, barring the restraints of the
curriculum vitea), that one should learn topics so complex as to
require "off-putting" the *real* meaning until later, when one could
just as easily learn the basic concepts first. I guess it's a matter
of preference; whether you build from the top down (ala Berkley) or
the other way 'round.

Regards,
Jordan