Low-overhead GUI toolkit for Linux w/o X11?

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Sun Nov 4 06:45:49 EST 2007

Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2007-11-04, Bjoern Schliessmann

>> Erm, wxWidgets is implemented in C++
>
> Are you saying C++ software can't be large and slow?

No, but wxWidgets is quite mature and my experience is that it's
faster than Qt (partly, I think, because it always uses the native
widgets).

>> and wxPython is just a wrapper.
>
> Yes, I know.  If we though Python was the problem, I wouldn't
> be asking about other toolkits that had Python bindings.

Ah, you know more than you wrote? If you've done measurements, I'd
find them quite interesting to see.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #295:

The Token fell out of the ring. Call us when you find it.